I started worrying about wrinkles when I was 30 when I had no wrinkles. Two babies and a decade later, I have distinguished wrinkles around my eyes when I smile. I think we call them crow’s feet? Regardless, an anti-aging skincare regimen that works is on my Must Do list as a newly minted 40-year-old. I’ve used the Beautycounter Countertime since July, and I feel ready to give it an honest review for y’all.
Let’s start with the most obvious question. Do I look younger? I like to think the $384 I spent on this skincare system has made me look young and fresh and 39 again. You’re not going to get results like Botox, but you’ll also be able to move your forehead so that’s a plus. My skin feels transformed. It’s balanced, smooth, clean and hydrated. My face has a healthy glow and I have been wearing minimal makeup.
- What are Beautycounter Countertime ingredients?
- Countertime Regimen: step by step
- 1. Cleanse | Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
- 2. Prep | Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence
- 3. Balance | Beautycounter Serums
- Beautycounter Vitamin C Serum
- Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum
- Beautycounter+ Resurfacing Peel
- 4. Moisturize | Countertime Day & Night Lotion
- beautycounter countertime tetrapeptide supreme cream
- Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream
- 5. Countertime Eye cream
- Countertime Sets
- If you’re just going to get one Beautycounter product…
- Beautycounter Countertime and Counter+ products ranked in order of favorites
- Countertime Results
You can shop with a Beautycounter consultant or just purchase directly from the site. Good Taste Guide may earn a commission when you shop using one of our links. Thanks for supporting this blog!
What are Beautycounter Countertime ingredients?
The hype behind Beautycounter’s CounterTime intrigued me, basically positioned as a revolutionary toxin-free version of Retinol, the longtime anti-aging, pimple-fighting medicine prescribed by dermatologists. I thought, “Ok, Gregg Renfrew, I’m in. Tell me more. Let’s see if this will make my skin glow like a makeup-free J. Crew model.”
Retinatural Complex: We took two of the most powerhouse plant-derived ingredients available and created a scientific breakthrough. Bakuchiol has been shown to provide skin-care results that are comparable to retinol—without harmful side effects such as skin irritation and increased sun sensitivity—and Swiss Alpine is renowned for its remarkable ability to protect itself against dehydration and other environmental stressors at the highest altitudes of the Swiss Alps.Beautycounter.com
How long do the products last?
Look. It’s not cheap. It’s the one thing about CounterTime I don’t love. So, I thought it would be helpful to rank my favorites, must-have items and an alternative for the others. (Skip to the bottom if you want to see them ranked in order by favorite.) The good news: the products last a long time. I have used this line every single day morning and night (except one week while traveling and my skin definitely was unhappy) since mid-July and I am not halfway done with most of the products. The serum and the night lotion are reaching the end, but the other ones are still more than half full.
Countertime Regimen: step by step
Clean skincare brands typically leave my skin dry and meh – or worse, break out. Skin starved for hydration is not a good look. I have tried all the brands from Thrive Market, Whole Foods, Amazon, the Target Natural Aisle, and other Beautycounter skincare lines… I could not find anything I loved. Truthfully, I did not think Countertime would be The One, but I did what any rational person. would do. I went ALL IN and became a consultant for the discount because why not? So here we are. Buy my product, ha. In all seriousness, I’ve tried a lot of products I don’t love and even though I have spent money and this blog could link out for a commission, I only recommend the products and brands I’d buy for myself.
1. Cleanse | Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
The Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil is a soothing, milky face wash, and it feels amazing. I love Acure brand too, and it’s significantly cheaper. The Acure cleansing wash is more like soap. Given the choice and if money were no object, I’d take the Beautycounter cleansing oil.
2. Prep | Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence
Prior to switching to CounterTime, I used Thayer’s Witch Hazel, a $9 Amazon find with a cotton ball. The Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence is creamy and hydrating.
3. Balance | Beautycounter Serums
I’m not sure what a serum does, but I slather it on my skin with the hope it will make me look younger. I’ve used a Vitamin C serum and the Drunk Elephant serum in the past as well.
Here are my favorites:
Beautycounter Vitamin C Serum
- Day & Night: You’ll see immediate results with the Beautycounter Vitamin C serum (Counter+ All Bright C Serum) my skin tone is completely changed!
Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum
- Day: Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum targets fine lines and wrinkles!
Beautycounter+ Resurfacing Peel
- Night: I use the Beatycounter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel every night. This will change your skin. You’ll see smoother, balanced skin in a week. My sun spots have diminished and my skin just glows. This is not part of the CounterTime line, but definitely a product that produces results.
4. Moisturize | Countertime Day & Night Lotion
beautycounter countertime tetrapeptide supreme cream
- Night: The entire Beautycounter Countertime line works together to balance and hydrate your skin – but if there is one product I think stands out from all others, I’d have to give it to the nighttime lotion, the Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream. It’s like no other lotion I’ve put on my face in the past. It’s extremely thick and creamy, yet somehow not greasy. My skin wakes up soft and smooth and happy in the morning. This is the one product you should try if you don’t want the entire line.
Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream
- Morning: The daytime face lotion, Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream, is also fantastic – my skin doesn’t feel parched and drab and tired at 3pm. I used the Acure daytime lotion in the past, and it would be a good alternative if you’re trying to save money. There is not alternative for the nighttime lotion. It’s magical.
5. Countertime Eye cream
I diligently put eye cream on my eyes every night with the hope that the lines around my eyes are going to disappear in the middle of the night. Hasn’t happened yet. I’ll keep trying with this eye cream, which is luxurious and creamy, and has made my lines less prominent.
You have two options: the Countertime Regimen Set which is $267 and includes all of the products except eye cream. The product sizes are smaller and designed to last 10 weeks. This is a great option if you’d like to try it out. Here’s the crazy thing about Beautycounter, though – you can return any products for a refund or product credit within 60 days. I’ve returned a product before when I got the wrong foundation color. (It was a shade too light. I looked like a ghost.) Try it for a few weeks and return it if you don’t love it.
Or, go all in like me and get the big package, the Countertime Collection for $384, which includes all full-size products plus the eye cream and like I said, I’m more than 3 months in and still have plenty left (except that night lotion, I slather that magical potion like it’s not $90 to replace.)
If you’re just going to get one Beautycounter product…
Oh, this is TOUGH. I’d have to say the Beautycounter resurfacing peel because I used it prior to Countertime and saw great results. But the nighttime lotion is also incredible. Like, the best lotion I’ve put on my face. I think one of the ingredients is magical unicorn sparkle which adds a special kind of glow to your skin. Let me just rank these in order…
Beautycounter Countertime and Counter+ products ranked in order of favorites
- If I were to get just one product, I’d start with the Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel because you’ll see quick results.
- Then I’d add the Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream to wake up to baby soft cheeks.
- If you have sun spots, the Beautycounter Vitamin C Serum will even out your skin tone almost instantly
- Or, the Countertime Antioxidant Soft Cream because you could use this at night, too.
- The Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum is popular and a lot of pick as their favorite… wrinkle help is always needed!
- For instant hydration, use the Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence, which is a nice prep prior to moisturizer.
- Countertime Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil is the silkiest face wash I’ve ever tried, and I never want to go back to a foaming face soap.
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream is like a wrinkle release for crow’s feet. It won’t eliminate the lines but I’ve noticed a difference.
Overall, my skin just feels a million times healthier and glowing and balanced. I think all of the products work in harmony but feel the ranking helps pick out the products to add to your current routine so you can see the biggest changes. Happy face washing!!
More clean beauty recs:
- Another affordable clean skincare alternative: Biossance reviews, anti-aging skincare line
- Get ready in 5: five minute morning makeup routine
- Ilia beauty reviews: the must-haves from this cool clean beauty line, for that no-makeup makeup look
- An $8 shampoo brush that will make your scalp feel fantastic!
- Drunk Elephant hair care travel set is a great way to try this popular line (plus, they are really cute)
- Should you switch to clean beauty products?
- Which natural deodorant is the best? Here are two that pass the smell check.