My goal for my morning makeup routine is to look like myself, but not as tired. I love that beautycounter is picky about their ingredients, which is a nice side benefit. I really just love the products. Here’s my Beautycounter makeup routine, typically performed with a lukewarm cup of coffee.
Morning Makeup Routine
- I put a light layer of the dew skin tint. This light foundatio has a tint of color (hence the name) and sunscreen. I put it all over my face as a foundation.
- Then, I swipe concealer under my eyes, and any other spots I feel need concealing.
- If you feel like extra: I also love the
beautycounterfoundation if I really want to even out my skin tone. I’ll spray the rosewater spray on a sponge and add the foundation on top.
Blush & Bronzer
- The color pinch cream blusher is like lipstick for your cheeks. I love both the hibiscus for rosy cheeks and the caramel for a natural sun-kissed look. I also love the powder blush in nectar, which has a natural pink color that doesn’t look too blush-y.
- If you feel like extra: I also love the radiant bronzer in dune. Try a a kabuki brush – dab, don’t swipe for the best natural look!
- The classic eyeshadow palette is the prettiest mix of bronzes, coppers, neutrals, and smokey shades a girl on the go could want. I usually mix a little bit of ivory and copper to brighten my eyes and move on to mascara.
- If you feel like extra: Sometimes, I use the liquid eyeliner for some drama.
- I spent a year trying to find the perfect mascara that would not smudge. I did not want to try
beautycounterbecause I thought the liklihoodof a non-toxic mascara being superior thanthe brands not limited by tech was zero. But I got a sample and WHAT? My eyelashes don’t look clumpy – the just look long and pretty and it doesn’t smudge. I like the lengthening mascara the best, and I’ve tried both.
- You’d think lipstick without the chemicals would last about five minutes, but the color intense lipstick stays put after a cup of coffee and a commute. I love both the colors in the duo. I love the bold Little Black Dress, a pretty berry shade. Darker colors are unusual for
me,since I rarely wear lipstick. I’ve even worn the beautycounterred in public!!
- I don’t always wear lipstick and usually opt for the lipgloss in opal. It’s glossy with a tinge of pink and I just look polished after I’ve swiped it on my lips.
And that, friends, is the end of my makeup routine. It takes less than five minutes.
Two more things that make getting ready for work a little easier: Add blue gingham shoes to your closet for a fun spring wardrobe update. Learn the ultimate trick to work/life balance by reading the book Drop the Ball.