Myrtle Beach has so many attractions, restaurants, shopping centers & things to do for tourists — you may wonder where locals go in Myrtle Beach? Here are all of the locally-owned, cool spots to shop & dine – plus things to do you probably won’t see on a billboard.
- Myrtle Beach Dining
- Make Brunch Plans
- Go for tacos + margaritas
- Myrtle Beach Shopping
- Things to do off the beaten tourist path in Myrtle Beach
- Seafood Market
- Find a place to stay
Myrtle Beach Dining
If there’s one advantage to living in a tourist town, it’s definitely the dining options! There are so many locally-owned restaurants in and around Myrtle Beach with great wine lists, exceptional menus, pretty views & fun atmospheres.
Make Brunch Plans
Myrtle Beach has an incredible selection of fun brunch spots. Here are my top three picks, based on menu, atmosphere, and locally-owned spots:
- 10/Fold Biscuits has biscuits the size of bowling balls, with a toppings bar if you want to go plain – or you can order your biscuit piled high with anything from sausage to southern fried shrimp.
- Croissants Bistro & Bakery’s is a longtime local’s favorite, with legendary cheesy hash browns on the side and best pastry selection in the Grand Strand area.
- If you’re in the mood for a cool outdoor area (you can bring your dog!) with a small but mighty brunch menu, head to Tidal Creek Brewhouse at The Market Common for the best tomato pie you’ll ever taste and craft beers made on-site.
Choosing just 3 brunch spots was tough. Read the full list | Myrtle Beach brunch spots
Go for tacos + margaritas
When you’re in the mood for Mexican, here are three restaurants to try:
- Sol y Luna has a cool vibe, great margaritas, and fancy fare for those in the mood for a trendy Mexican experience.
- If you’re in the mood for a traditional Mexican restaurant (think Speedy Gonzales!) go to Margarita’s (#6 in our best Mexican in Myrtle Beach post), which as the MOST INCREDIBLE fajita quesadilla that has a perfectly crisp tortilla filled with cheese, chicken, and veggies. Plus, you get two salsas – a regular and a spicy – to make your own perfect blend.
- For the best guacamole you’ll EVER try, get in your car and head to Conway to the tiny hole-in-the-wall Speedy Gamboa (#8 on our best Mexican post) and ask for the jalapeño version if you like spice. This little spot has excellent service and an authentic, fresh menu unlike any other in the Myrtle Beach area.
Read the full list | Your guide to the best Mexican in Myrtle Beach
Want more restaurant ideas + reviews? Read our top 20 must-try Myrtle Beach restaurants
Where to go when you’re craving pasta and Chianti:
- Gio’s has two locations: the original in Pawleys Island and the other in Myrtle Beach. The upscale atmosphere and superb menu makes this an excellent place for date night – but our kids love it, too!
- Romando’s has the BEST garlic toast and may seem like a random reason to try a restaurant, but I’m telling you… it’s that good. So is everything else on the menu. This is a casual spot in the middle of Myrtle Beach and a great place for groups and families.
- Chianti South in Little River is always a treat, with a happy atmosphere and incredible Italian cooking. This is another date night spot!
Read the full list | 6 of the best Myrtle Beach Italian Restaurants + the wine to order
Dine like a local
THAI FOOD | The Best Thai in Town
BREWERIES | Cool Breweries in the Myrtle Beach area
Myrtle Beach Shopping
Skip the outlets, and shop these exceptional locally-owned boutiques instead!
For fabric + home decor
Things to do off the beaten tourist path in Myrtle Beach
You’ve probably seen billboards for all of the attractions around town… those didn’t make the list. Here are some cool things to do that are off the beaten tourist past.
Best spots for Instagram shots
Where locals go in Myrtle Beach: Seafood
Best spot for a local fresh catch: If you’re looking for local seafood in Myrtle Beach, drive straight to Seven Seas Seafood! They give great recommendations and will put it on ice for your drive home.
📸: Seven Seas Seafood in Murrells Inlet
Find a place to stay
Check out deals on Hotels.com