Give me all of the summer picnic food. Lunch goals: Dry Creek General Store. The classic Southern staple – a tomato in between two slices of mayonnaise-slathered white bread is so messy you need to over at the kitchen sink, and that’s a good thing. Here’s a spin on the Southern classic that adds cheese for the perfect summertime lunch: a tomato burrata sandwich. Gooey cheese, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil, olive oil, and good bread. It’s simple yet fancy.
The ciabatta rolls from Costco.
- Olive oil on the toasted cibatta
- Salt and peppered thick-sliced tomatoes
- Burrata cheese
- Smash together
Bon appetit, foodie friends!
This would make a great weekend wine snack… have a glass of something light and delightful, like a California Sauvignon Blanc!
Wines to try from Target with the Tomato Burrata Sandwich
- Rodney Strong Sauvignon Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $11.99
- Justin Sauvignon Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $14.99
- Girard Sauvignon Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $15.99
- Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $14.99
- Decoy Sauvignon Blanc Wine, 750 mL • $17.48 (this one is from Walmart but probably Target carries it, too)
- Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $13.99
PS – while you’re out wine shopping, here are red wines under $20 to try from Target