Hey there, foodie who doesn’t want an elaborate recipe! This one is for you. These little spicy mushroom toasts are the BEST wine snack – whip it up for yourself or for a party. You can make the onion mushroom mix ahead of time so you can serve for a party (or for a quick work lunch!) Pair it with sparkling (always), spicy foods with Riesling, or a light red wine like Landmark Vineyards Pinot Noir.
- 1 cup of sliced Onions
- 1 cup Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Momofuki Chili crunch
- 1 tbsp Ricotta
- 2 slices Good bread
- Caramelize the onions. This takes about 45 minutes. Sauté onions in olive oil on low heat. There are a zillion different variations - adding sugar, balsamic, etc. Etc…. But you can just cook them super slowly with just olive oil until they are a pretty caramelized color.
- Once caramalized, toss in the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Scoop all into a bowl and mix with chili crunch. If you don’t have chili crunch but want this to be spicy- just add red pepper flakes.
- Toast the bread. Spread Ricotta.
- Add your spicy onion mushroom mix on top. Voila! You’ve got the best wine snack! Serve with mixed greens tossed in olive oil, salt + lemon. YUM.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 391mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 8gSugar: 18gProtein: 15g