Field notes from a Sunday stroll in Georgetown, South Carolina:
- Strolling through the quaint southern Front Street of historic Georgetown, SC is good for the soul
- Parking is effortless
- Did I just take a step back in time?
- Flags, mums, and pumpkins line the sidewalks like someone staged it for a fall movie set
- Most of the shops are closed on Sunday (as they should be!) so perhaps visit on a Saturday if you’re in a shopping mood
- Walk + talk along the Harbourwalk with views of birds, water, and beautiful boats
- The Big Tuna serves Rodney Strong Chardonnay by the glass and Veuve Clicquot by the bottle
- While you can’t go wrong with any of the seafood options on the Big Tuna menu (clams in butter sauce, shrimp, seafood platter…) the hand-breaded chicken fingers are the best chicken fingers in the Lowcountry
- Kids love Sassy the Parrot. Don’t touch the cage.
- Certainly a leisurely stroll around Georgetown can burn calories from at least one handmade chocolate from Sweeties, right?
Georgetown, SC Photo Album
Check out events, things to do, restaurants and more at DiscoverGeorgetownSC.com
Lowcountry Weekend To Do Lists • Pawleys Island Weekend Guide, Charleston Weekend Tourist-y (in a good way) Itinerary, Hilton Head Vacation, Must-Try Myrtle Beach Restaurants