Who let the dogs out?? Here are the rules on bringing your dog to the beach in + around Myrtle Beach…
When ARE dog allowed on the beach + boardwalk in Myrtle Beach?
Rules: must be on a leash seven feet or shorter, must pick up after your dog
- May 1 – Labor Day: The city allows dogs on the beach before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m.
- May 1 – Labor Day: Dogs and bicycles allowed on the boardwalk between 5 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Labor Day – April 30: dogs on the beach / bicycles and dogs on the boardwalk any time of day
According to the City of Myrtle Beach website:
“Beginning May 1 through Labor Day, dogs are allowed on the beach only before 10:00 a.m. and after 5:00 p.m. From the day after Labor Day to April 30 each year, dogs are allowed on the beach at any time of day.
Dogs and bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk only between 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. from May 1 through Labor Day. From the day after Labor Day to April 30 each year, dogs and bicycles are allowed on the boardwalk at any time of day. At all times when dogs are allowed on the beach or boardwalk, they must be on a leash that’s seven feet or shorter, and you must pick up and properly dispose of the droppings.”
Dogs on the beach in Pawleys Island
- Rules: Owners must have leash in hand
- Dogs allowed year-round on beach
- May 1 – Sept 30 from 8am – 8pm: dogs must be on leash and under complete control
According to TownofPawleyIsland.com:
“Dogs are allowed on the beach year round; owners must have a leash in hand, have their dog under voice control and pick up after them.
May 1 through September 30 between 8:00 AM until 8:00 PM, dogs must be on a leash and under complete control, even in the water.
Please follow these rules to make sure your pet is safe and avoid risking a ticket.”
Check Pawleys Island website for updates
Dogs on the beach in North Myrtle Beach
According to NorthMyrtleBeach.com:
- After the busy season is over (September 16th & later), the times are more open to allow for your dog to walk on the beach.
- May 15-September 15: No dogs allowed on the beach 9am-5pm. Surf only in designated areas 9am-4pm.
- Leash law is in effect at all times; maximum leash length is 7 feet. Pet owners must pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.”