This is delectable.
I wouldn’t take a photo and put words on top of that photo in Adobe Comp on my iPad or take the time to compose an entire blog post to a side dish if it wasn’t worth making again.
This recipe is a Plated original. My husband occassionally grumbles that grocery shopping is cheaper than getting ingredients delivered, but I love it for a million reasons, and learning to cook simple and healthy recipes that I’d never think to make is the main reason. Like browning Brussels sprouts with potatoes, then mixing in mustard. My favorite recipes – especially sides – are all from Plated meals.
Brussels sprouts, red potatoes, shallot, mustard, olive oil, butter, and your favorite spices are the only ingredients you’ll need to concoct this fine side.
Brussels Sprouts (7 – 10)
Shallot (1 small)
Red Potatoes (about 7 or 8)
Salt & Pepper
1. Quarter potatoes. Boil for about 6 minutes and set aside. I used our Le Creseut pot which has become the pot I use for just about everything.
2. Chop up the Brussels sprouts and the shallots.
3. Sautee the shallots in butter and olive oil. If you don’t have shallots, you can skip this step, and the recipe will not be ruined.
4. Add in the Brussels sprouts and potatoes, stirring around the pot until the Brussels are a bright green and a little bit charred and the potatoes look like hash browns.
5. Toss with mustard, about a tablespoon.