Driving to New South Brewing may seem like you’re headed to a lumberyard, since that’s what is surrounding the area.
This is a working brewery in a warehouse area.
And that makes it cool.
New South is one of our favorite day date spots. It feels remote since it’s surrounded by industrial-type businesses.
- Wear: Most people are in t-shirts and jeans, stopping by after a beach day or while running errands. No one is dressed up, everyone is smiling.
- When to visit: Go in the afternoon. The brewery closes by 5 so you can’t stay late.
- Order: If you’re from Myrtle Beach, you know the New South beer line-up is excellent. The Nut Brown Ale is a favorite, and even though it’s dark in color, it is light in flavor. The Peach Haberno is a new summer brew and it is surprisingly spicy and sweet! Definitely worth a try because it’s so unique!
- Food: Food trucks park outside the brewery on the weekends, which means you’ll find new craft-beer friendly food every time you visit. We’ve loved Beach Bites (burgers and wraps!) and Mama’s and Papi’s (healthy, fresh salad bowls and sandwiches.) If you are a food truck fan, this is an extra special place to visit. Check the New South’s Facebook Page to learn the food truck for the day.
- Where to sit: You can sit in the warehouse area, outdoor area, or in the cozy bar area. The inside is a big warehouse surrounded by stacks of canned beer pallets and tanks. The outside is dog-friendly with picnic tables. The bar area has plenty of seating and you’ll most likely make a new friend in here, so be prepared to be social!
- Pick up a 6-pack: Of course, you can take home beers in growlers or a 6-pack!
New South Brewing Co.
1109 CAMPBELL STREET
MYRTLE BEACH, SC 29577