Need a date night wine? Try a big, bold Chimney Rock Cabernet from the famous Stags Leap district. It’s the B.B. King of red wine: smooth, yet a little edgy.
- Play the Apple Soul Kitchen playlist.
- Cook a rustic beef stew or braised short ribs in your favorite soup pot.
- Make a fall salad (the one with figs, walnuts, roasted squash, and kale is out of this world.)
- Set the table.
- Convince the kids to watch a movie.
- Open a bottle of Chimney Rock Stags Leap District Cabernet.
- Relax, enjoy, have a great conversation.
Sounds, divine, right?
Sometimes, a wine night in is better than a date night out to a nice restaurant. Splurge on the wine, and you’ll still spend less money than you would going out to eat.
Here’s a little bit more about this winery…
About Chimney Rock
Founded in 1980, the first winery in South Africa, Groot Constantia, inspired the dutch-style architecture of this gorgeous Napa winery. Tasting on the patio overlooking the gardens is the picturesque setting to taste high-end Stags Leap Cabs. The frieze of Ganymede, cupbearer to the Gods, overlooks the fountains and garden.
Why is the Stags Leap District famous?
The Stags Leap District in Napa Valley is famous for a few reasons. The famous 1976 Judgement of Paris put Napa Valley on the world wine map when the 1973 Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon won the blind tasting. Located along the Silverado Trail, the Stags Leap rock formation overlooks vineyards. Hunters chased a legendary stag, who leaped off the giant rock to his freedom. You can see the rock from the porch at Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars. Another one of our favorite wines is Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Artemis.
Chimney Rock Cab Pairings
You really need to open a Chimney Rock Cabernet Sauvignon with food. Pair it with a grilled steak (an obvious choice) or a gourmet burger. A dish with rich, rustic flavors will pair well with this bold Cab. Here are some recipe ideas:
- Wild mushroom risotto
- Bon Appetit’s braised short ribs
- A beef stew in red wine sauce
- Smoked baby back ribs
- Paella with chicken, clams, lobster, and chorizo
Pick it up: Chimney Rock Stags Leap District $97 from Total Wine
Get it delivered: Chimney Rock Stags Leap District $99 from Wine.com