As a local mom, my family has explored Myrtle Beach’s tourist attractions for years. We have discovered the best (and the worst) things to do in Myrtle Beach with kids.
Myrtle Beach is a family destination, with so many things to do from floating water parks to the main attraction, the beach. Our top things to do with kids in our tourist town…
1. Try the grilled catch of the day at Myrtle Beach’s best seafood restaurant, Hook & Barrel
2. Visit the largest playground in Myrtle Beach, Savannah’s Playground, located close to The Market Common shopping center
3. Other favorite playgrounds include McLean Park in North Myrtle Beach, and the Carolina Forest Playground
4. A lot of the attractions are for older kids, but you can read my top 7 myrtle beach toddler activities
5. Head south and take a day trip to Pawleys Island to explore incredible lowcountry restaurants, locally owned boutiques, and the incredible Brookgreen Gardens
6. For water that will stay cold all day in the hot sun, put ice and water in a Hydro Flask, it’s a fete of science
7. Wear long-sleeve rashgaurds if you’re going to be in the sun all day
8. For burgers, fries, and great beer, Gordon Biersch at The Market Common is our favorite.
9. The best ceviche in Myrtle Beach can be found at an unlikely (or maybe it’s obvious?) spot – Fiesta Mexicana (if you love Mexican, you will not be disappointed!)
11. Between the two outlets shopping centers, the North Myrtle Beach Tanger is my favorite – Kate Spade and Vineyard Vines. Enough said?
12. There is an Anthropologie. Walk straight towards the back of the store, turn left around the cash register section, and you’ll discover the sale room. It’s glorious. Kids can play in the little playground in the middle of Market Common with dad while you shop.
13. Local pizza spot Ultimate California Pizza is the place to take the fam – or call, they deliver to hotels! (Club Med with feta cheese and artichokes is my favorite)
14. Dinner + kids entertained while you eat dinner = ultimate california pizza game zone
15. Rockin’ Jump when it rains or you don’t feel like being in the sun
16. The Kangaroo Pouch for all things baby – if you have a baby, shop here – the knowledgeable staff will help you find everything you need (and all the things you didn’t know you needed!)
18. Don’t miss Brookgreen Gardens, the prettiest place you’ll ever walk.
19. Moms, treat yourself to a $17 blowout while your child gets their hair cut in a car or firetruck at the cool kid’s salon, Pigtails and Crewcuts.
20. We are dying to try the Shark Wake Park in North Myrtle Beach, a gigantic floating water park on a lake.
21. For kids that love the fast lane, Broadway Grand Prix has a race track for kids, bumper cars, and plenty of games.
22. During the summer, see a free movie at the best movie theater in Myrtle Beach, Grand 14 Cinema, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the morning
23. Older kids will love to play in Wonderworks, the upside building at Broadway at the Beach.