I made this easy burrata salad recipe for lunch today, and let me tell y’all… it was divine. And kind of healthyish? Burrata is really the star of the show, much like Hamilton is the star of Hamilton. But would the burrata be as delicious without Burr, Eliza, Angelica, GW, and TJ?? No. The answer is you need the burrata – but also the cucumbers, peaches, baguette slices, peppers, good olive oil, cucumbers, tomatoes, and crushed pistachios.
The prep is as outstanding as the flavor. It just requires chopping, which you could easily do in a few minutes and have this prepped and ready to go for the week. I made it at home, but will definitely be bringing to work when I’m back to a desk lunch.
I made pickled red onions from Love & Lemons. So, so easy and delicious for pretty much anything – this salad, other salads, tacos… YUM. Not necessary, but delicious for this salad.
You just kind of mix it all together and add red pepper flakes if you like spice.
Easy Burrata Salad Recipe
Here’s what I added:
- A ball of burrata cheese (obviously)
- Sliced red and yellow peppers (raw, but roasted would possibly be delicious too)
- sliced cucumbers
- diced peaches (maybe grilled would be fun?)
- diced tomatoes
- fresh basil
- crushed pistachios
- sliced baguette 🥖
- drizzle of good olive oil over it all (I used Jordon, my favorite)
- dragon fruit, which is totally superfluous but I saw it and was curious so I bought one
- sea salt
Voila! You’re done. You could add whatever veggies you have in the fridge or are your favorites – it’s really all about the burrata and olive oil 🥂