Let’s talk about a popular California wine brand you can find all up and down the Grand Strand. Ferrari-Carano wines are affordable, easy-drinking wines that pair well with food. You’ll find Ferrari-Carano wines on many menus around the Grand Strand, and you can also pick them up in grocery stores.
Don and Rhonda Carano founded the winery in 1981 in Dry Creek in Sonoma. They owned the El Dorado Casino in Reno. While searching for wines to enhance the wine list, they decided to purchase 60 acres in Alexander Valley. This property eventually became the winery. Now, it is owned by the Foley Family of Wines, which includes many iconic wine brands such as Chalk Hill Estates, Foley Estates, Silverado, Chateau St. Jean, and Roth.
Visiting Ferrari-Carano Winery
Ferrari-Carano Winery is known as one of the most opulent spots in Sonoma Wine Country. Located in the Dry Creek Valley outside of Healdsburg, you’ll discover lush gardens, beautiful sculpture, fountains, and Italian inspired architecture.
This is an experience you won’t want to miss while tasting around Sonoma Valley.
Take time to explore the gardens and sculpture. Then, head to the tasting room to try superb and elegant wines. Are you planning your Wine Country itinerary? Go ahead and schedule a Villa Terrace Wine Tasting with pairings to enjoy the stunning views and wines.
Ferrari-Carano Winery Photos
Check out our 2013 photo album.
Fume Blanc Food + Wine Pairings at Grand Strand Restaurants
You’ll notice Italian influence in a lot of their wines. 🍴
- Order Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc by the glass at Hook & Barrel for happy hour or dinner. Try it with the Seafood Tower from the steam galley!
- Order the Fume Blanc and one of the seafood boils at Buoy’s Beach Bar & Grille – shrimp or crab legs dipped in butter is the perfect savory to balance out the acidity in the wine!
- Try the Fume Blanc at Bistro 217 with the Cornmeal-encrusted fresh local Flounder, pepper jack cheese grits, crawfish Creole, fried okra.
- Craving Italian? Head to Gio’s Italian Kitchen and order the Cabernet Sauvignon, which will pair well with many of the Italian dishes. The Cab is an easy-drinking glass for happy hour + charcuterie, or go for Gio’s bolognese for a hearty dinner pairing.
Ferrari-Carano Wines to Try
Here are some popular varietals can find in your local grocery store, Target, and Walmart:
- Open this Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc on a spring or summer day, the perfect “porch pounder!” Pair it with fancy picnic food for a day date 🥂
- If you’re looking for a crowd-pleaser, try the Ferrari-Carano Chardonnay. It’s a smooth sipping mix of pears, orange blossom, and caramel that will compliment light dishes like Pappardelle with Asparagus, Olive Oil, and Lemon.
- Serve the Ferrari-Carano Cabernet when you’re grilling burgers! It’s is a go-to Cab you can serve at any dinner party.
More California Wines to Try