This bowl is so simple, and if you’re looking for a low carb Mexican option, here you go: the cauliflower rice beef burrito bowl.
You could easily do a vegetarian version of this, but we had Taco night so I used the ground beef and just mixed in with the cauliflower rice.
I never read long blog posts prior to the recipe, so we’ll just skip all of the fluff and get straight to the recipe, ok? If you’re dying to read some more text, let me recommend a summer wine list or a curious wine list at the Big Tuna in Georgetown SC.
Cauliflower Rice Beef Burrito Bowl Recipe
- bag of frozen cauliflower rice
- ground beef (I used about a cup)
- Black beans (1/2 can)
For the taco seasoning mix (adapted from flavcity taco recipe, which is delicious and you should try that too)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or if you like it spicy like me, go for a teaspoon)
- Red onions marinated in lime (yum!)
- Corn (charred from the grill would be so good!)
Time needed: 30 minutes.
How to make the cauliflower rice beef burrito bowl
- Brown the ground beef.
No one likes burrito beef tartar.
- Mix in the cauliflower rice and heat up.
This is not rocket science.
- Add the black beans.
So far, this requires zero skills.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the spice mix.
I make the spice mix while the other stuff is cooking.
- Add your toppings!
Super easy, right? Try it with this easy margarita and you’ve got a low-carb taco night!