Never go to the grocery store when you’re hungry is advice we’ve all ignored. Such was the case tonight, when I wandered Publix for dinner and strolled past the cooking station serving samples of this easy quesadilla bake. All of the ingredients were right there in the cooler and that was that.
It took about 10 minutes worth of prep and 20 minutes to bake and it would feed 4. I will certainly make this for my family.
- 1 1/4 pounds lean Ground Beef
- 3/4 cup Store prepped salsa
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Green onions
- Flour Tortillas (8-10 inch)
- 1 packet of fajita or taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400
- Saute ground beef. When almost browned, add in the taco seasoning and salsa. Cook it through.
- Layer in a 9 x 13 casserole dish: 3 tortillas on the bottom. Add half of the ground beef, then half of the green onions, then half of the cheese.
- Top it off with 2 more tortillas. (I used 5 tortillas, but the recipe calls for 8.)
- Cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
More meal prep inspiration
- The best meal prep containers to take your lunch to work
- The best meal planning app to help organize your favorite recipes, create a grocery list, and make a meal plan
- WW zero point chicken chili recipe (it’s so good!)
- Inexpensive kitchen gadgets that make meal prep easier
- Skinny measuring spoons that fit inside jars
- Cookbook with the best recipes: Sam the Cooking Guy: Recipes with Intentional Leftovers
- 10 easy recipe ideas to make with leftovers you can add to the Paprika app when you’re putting together your plan