A shrimp and avocado salad with lime-marinated red onions comes together easily and elegantly for a delicious and healthy lunch.
Some lunches are bland and boring and sad but easy to throw together. Like a plain turkey sandwich. Some lunches are a joy to eat but complicated to make. Like a CBR (grilled chicken bacon sandwich with homemade ranch dressing.) This lunch is a joy to eat and easy to throw together.
Why you’ll love this simple shrimp and avocado salad
There are a few reasons why a restaurant salad tastes better than the ones you make at home. One of them is sprinkling salt on the greens. This extremely simple step immediately takes your salad to the next level. Here’s what makes this a great recipe to throw into your lunch rotation:
- This salad is super easy to make
- It’s big on flavor
- Makes for a light and healthy lunch, but still filling
- You can prep the night before to take to work
To make this for a work lunch
I don’t know about you, but when I bring something boring for lunch I can easily talk myself into going out to eat. Eating out for lunch tends to be expensive and encourages unhealthy choices. So, when I bring a lunch I’m excited to eat, I will not opt to go out instead! Here are some tips to make this a to-go lunch option to bring to the office:
- using these lunch prep containers, you could add the chopped red onions with lime juice in one section and even let the shrimp marinate in it, too.
- Take the avocado and cut it work rather than chop at home.
- Drizzle the olive oil, then add the lettuce on top. Mix at your desk.
- Bring a little side of salt to sprinkle on the lettuce.