Here’s a delicious dinner idea that requires little effort: carne asada tostadas + outside + Chardonnay + a laidback, summer jazzy playlist.
I’m always searching for fresh, effortless dinner recipes that are also tasty – and this is a good one. We loved it, our kids loved it. We’ve been attempting to meal plan and do grocery store pick-up. This week, we went for Walmart, so I’ve linked out all the ingredients in this post. (Paprika is a great meal planning app FYI)
Pour the wine: excellent Chardonnays to add to your Walmart shopping cart:
Play the playlist. Suggestion: start with John Fulbright.
Next, make the marinade. You’ll start with Sam the Cooking Guy’s carne asada recipe. It’s an easy marinade with cilantro, soy sauce, oil, salt, garlic, and cumin.
Then, you’ll just layer on your favorite taco ingredients – but on a crunchy TOSTADA. These tostadas from Walmart are crunchy, tasty, and are like a giant tortilla chip to hold your toppings.
- Flank Steak, London Broil, or Skirt Steak
- Soy Sauce
- Neutral Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Mexican Crumbling Cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Refried Beans
- Optional: Cilantro Lime Cream from Costco
- Make Sam the Cooking Guy's Carne Asada recipe
- Make the guacamole: avacado, lime juice, cilantro, chopped jalepenos
- Spread refried beans onto the tostada, layer carne asada, top with lettuce, guacamole, jalepenos, cheese
- Drizzle the cilantro lime crema sauce on top (optional)
- Enjoy! Serve with a Chardonnay, Rosé, or Sparkling 🥂
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 545mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 6gSugar: 2gProtein: 23g