You’re hungry. You have no plan. You want something tasty but don’t have the energy to make a complicated recipe. Here’s your solution: PANTRY PASTA. You can scrounge together an easy and fancy meal together in minutes with just three basic ingredients: good olive oil, salt, and pasta. Red pepper flakes if you like a little kick. (I do!) The rest is just a bonus.
Today, I had frozen shrimp and lemons and cheese. (I like to keep Parmesan and ricotta in the fridge, they last forever and you can add to so many recipes.)
You might have leftover chicken, or veggies, a chopped tomato, fresh herbs… you can really add so many layers to this simple pasta.
Find A Good Olive Oil
Good olive oil is the key. We keep Gloria Ferrer Olive Oil and Jordan Olive Oil – from Sonoma wineries – in our pantry. The Fresh Market or Whole Foods have great options to try. Try a few until you land on your favorite – and these aren’t cooking olive oils, use fancy olive oil for dressings and pasta! Influencers love to recommend Brightland, but I haven’t tried any of them yet.
The wine to pair with pantry pasta
Whatever’s in your pantry, obviously! I love a good white wine with an olive oil based pasta, and opted for the Gloria Ferrer Chardonnay we received from our wine club. (We visited Gloria Ferrer Winery for Bubbles & Bites on their gorgeous patio in Sonoma Valley a few years ago, and share joint custody of a wine club membership with our friends!)
Recipe for Pantry Pasta:
- 8 oz. Pasta
- 3 tablespoons Good Olive Oil (approximately)
- Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan (approximately)
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta Cheese (approximately)
- Shrimp, Chicken, Veggies, etc.
- Make the pasta
- Toss in the olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. I don’t measure any of these, but I put approximate measurements in the ingredients! It’s great just like this, but if you have the other ingredients, keep going.
- If you have it, grate the Parmesan. Zest a lemon. Mix in ricotta cheese.
- Add your veggies, shrimp, and anything else you can find.
- Drizzle with a little bit more olive oil.
- Enjoy with wine!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g