Al fresco dining weather arrived! ‘Tis the season to get outside, grill, and sip white wine. Here’s an excellent recipe for grilled zucchini, which also involves grilled chicken and pasta. If you’re looking for the unicorn of easy weeknight dinner recipes: this is it. This dish is SO EASY. The flavors are light and simple, and it’s a great dish to pair with a California Sauvignon Blanc on a warm spring evening. If you can boil pasta, turn on a grill, and put ingredients in a bowl… you can master this recipe. Let’s get to it.
- 12 oz Orecchiette (1 box)
- 3 Zucchini
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 tbsp Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1. Marinate Chicken: Get out a ziplock bag, add olive oil (3-4 tablespoons), about a tablespoon of minced garlic (jar is fine!), and juice of a lemon.
- 2. Boil the pasta according to directions in salted water.
- 3. Grill the chicken on until cooked + has great grill marks, medium-high heat for about 15 minutes. The Weber App is an excellent resource for grilling times + technique.
- 4. Drizzle olive oil on zucchini, then add salt and pepper. Grill approximately 5 minutes, or until you have the pretty grill marks!
- 5. When pasta is cooked, toss in olive oil and mix in ricotta.
- 6. Chop up grilled chicken and zucchini, and mix in with the pasta. Add red pepper flakes and salt to taste!
Pair with a California Sauvignon Blanc 🥂
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 70mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g