What are the workhorses of your home cooking show? In our house, it’s a few random things: a spatula that withstands heat up to 450 degrees, a lemon/lime juicer, a small Cuisinart food processor. Then, the quarantine game-changer: my husband gave me a Lodge cast-iron skillet for Christmas. I’m not sure why these iconic kitchen staples are so cheap, but this skillet has CHANGED OUR LIFE. Everything just tastes better when sautéed in this skillet. It made me think: what else do we need? What are the best kitchen gifts you’ve ever received?
Practically every YouTube cooking show we watch talks about a seasoned cast-iron skillet. “Why did we wait so long to get one?” we question as we marvel over how the pork chops brown perfectly.
(PS – photo is pork chops in mustard sauce and it is easy + delicious! Pair with chardonnay!)
best kitchen gifts
Here are all of the best kitchen gifts to give yourself or someone else 🥂 Please share your favorites in the comments!!
- Vitamix Blender • Target • $299.31 the cadillac of blenders. We love ours for smoothies, soups, and anything else you’d blend.
- Skinny Measuring Spoon Set • Amazon • $9.99 they fit into jars.
- Cuisinart Mini Prep Food Processor • Target • $34.99 we use thing to chop up veggies, blend chunks out of spaghetti sauce, make sauces, etc. It’s small and easy to clean (we put the parts in the dishwasher)
- OXO Softworks Citrus Squeezer • OXO • $16.99 so you don’t get the seeds when you squeeze lemons!
- Prep works Thin Apple Slicer • $9.99 if you have apple lovers in the house, this thing is so cool and takes out the core and creates perfect slices in seconds
- OXO 2 Cup Angled Measuring Cup • OXO • $8.99 so you can see the measurement as you pour
- Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper • $5.99 for scooping up things from the cutting board and putting them in the skillet
- Lodge Cast Iron Skillet • Target • $29.90 cooking game-changer
- the best Grove Collaborative products that look pretty in the kitchen, are sustainable, and healthy for your home
- Heat-resistant spatulas • Amazon • $19.99 we use silicone spatulas for a lot of sautéing and it doesn’t scrape the bottom of the pan