Mother’s Day is just around the corner! We put together some ideas for you to enjoy this weekend.
Do you get Pinxiety when looking for party ideas and click on pin after pin that feature 27-step complicated craft projects involving obscure items like twigs, twine and ModPodge? If you prefer to keep party planning less elaborate, here are four easy steps to create a special mother’s day brunch without hefty expenses, not even one trip to the craft store, or hours toiling away decorating and cooking. In other words: totally doable.
Four easy steps for a low maintenance yet still stylish Mother’s Day Brunch celebration
1. Send a Pretty Invitation. Rather than make plans by texting or phone, set the tone of the celebration by sending a custom invitation. Evite’s collection of pretty designs and the ability to feature photos will be fun for her to receive. Time commitment: Between 1 – 5 minutes, depending on how long you browse designs and take to select the perfect photo.
2. Decorate. Some ladies are exceptional at creating ornate centerpieces using crafts from their Craft Closet. I am not one of those ladies. Flowers from the grocery store is my level of craftiness. This simple trick to arrange grocery store flowers is brilliant: use tape to add a grid to keep the flowers in their place in the vase. It makes a big difference! You could also order a centerpiece from a local florist (or pick up a few at Costco!!) You can give the floral arrangements to your mom as a gift when brunch is over. Time commitment: 10 minutes
3. Use the fine china. Break out the silver, the fine china, and the crystal – or whatever your favorite serving pieces are. That + your pretty centerpiece is all you need to make the brunch feel elegant and special. Time commitment: 10 Minutes to set out and rinse everything you’ll need.
4. Serve a Mother’s Day brunch menu you can prepare in advance.
Mother’s day is just around the corner, so why not plan a special brunch for mom this year? Here are some great brunch recipes that will surely impress her. Here’s a simple menu that will allow you to set everything out for brunch, and get to enjoy the party rather than being stuck in the kitchen stirring, cutting, and mixing:
- Make ahead casserole: My go-to brunch casserole is this savory sausage strata, which is a delicious combination of eggs, bread, sausage, and cheese. You can prepare it the night before, which takes about 15 minutes, pop it in the oven for 30 minutes, and voila! Brunch is ready.
- Orange juice: If you don’t have the time to fresh-squeeze your own OJ from your organic, pesticide-free, home grown orange tree… get a container of Tropicana and pour it into a pretty pitcher. Add some orange slices if you’re feeling extra-fancy.
- Fruit: Throwing pre-cut fruit from the grocery store on a bed of kale on a pretty platter displays well.
Time commitment: 20 minutes to prepare everythingCheers to a brunch that doesn’t stress you out, takes less than an hour for you to prepare, but still makes Mom feel special.
5. Mother’s Day Brunch Wine
Rose, sparkling, or a California Sauvignon Blanc (sometimes called Fume Blanc!)
- Francis Coppola Sofia Rosé Wine – 750ml Bottle • $16.99
- Chateau d’Esclans Whispering Angel Rosé Wine – 750ml Bottle • $24.99
- Josh Rosé Wine – 750ml Bottle • $14.99
- 12.8oz 4pk Crystal Power Stemless White Wine Glasses – Stoelzle • $33
- Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc White Wine – 750ml Bottle • $14.99
- Francis Coppola Sofia Mini Brut Rosé Sparkling Wine – 4pk/187ml Cans • $15.99
- Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut Champagne – 750ml Bottle • Veuve Clicquot • $63.99
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- The best digital frame EVER – share your favorite photos in real time through the app to the frame. Amazing. Aura Buddy 10.1-Inch Digital Photo Frame in Biscuit • $179.99
- For youthful skin – The Sunshine Set • Biossance • $79
- Cute tea towels with monkeys! Chinoiserie Designer Kitchen Tea Towels 3 Pack 100% Absorbent Cotton Tiger Monkey Floral Hand Towel Large Dish Cloth Set Blue White • $22.97
- For the champagne mom – Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut Champagne – 750ml Bottle • Veuve Clicquot • $63.99
- The prettiest blush – Color Haze – Before Today • $32
- For the mom who loves a crazy skin mask – Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask • $13.45
- A beautiful piece of art for a side table – Oyster Dish Ocean Painted || Paint Pour Handmade || Charleston || Holiday Decor || Bridesmaid Gift • $47
- The prettiest bracelet – Bracelet Adjustable “Grit” || Handmade || Charleston || Turquoise || Bridesmaid Gift || Holiday Accessories • $40
- Useful and elegant gift for entertaining – French Home Laguiole 7-Pc. Cream & Blue Cheese Knife & Spreader Set • French Home • $60
- For the mom that loves a practical gift – stasher Food Storage Container – Sandwich Aqua – 2pk/30oz • Stasher • $23.99
- A little fluff for her feet – Twelve AM Co., So Good Fluffy Slippers • $48
- Spice it up! Chef Kenny’s Ultimate Gift Set – 5 Spices, 5 recipe cards • $39.99
- Cookie Society Holiday Dozen Gift Crate • $44
- Harlem Toile De Jouy Plate Set of 6 • $43.20
Cheers to moms! I hope you have the best Mother’s Day ever🥂