Meet Gordon. He’s my cousin, is certified to fly drones, learned how to make superb ceviche by Googling a recipe, and good news for the single ladies… he is single, too. He lives in Charleston, WV and is here on vacation with us in Hilton Head.
This ceviche with a smooth sauvignon blanc like Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars Aveta is the best vacation happy hour I can imagine.
The quick version uses cooked shrimp. The longer version takes about 3 hours and uses raw fish – we choose whatever is local and fresh since we’re on the South Carolina coast!
Gordon’s Ceviche Recipe
- 2 limes
- 1 lemon
- ½ orange (dealer’s choice – not essential)
- jalepeno – the more the better, in my opinion!
- red onion – about 1/4 cup
- cooked shrimp (or a tough fish, like shark or red snapper, raw)
- tomato – about 1/2 cup
- cilantro – to taste
What to do
- Chop up the jalepegno, onion, tomato and fish, and cilantro – obviously, add lots of jalapeño if you love spicy ceviche!
- Juice the lemon and lime
- Marinate at least 3 hours if using raw fish, the citrus cooks the fish!