If you’re a tumble outta bed, stumble to the kitchen kind of person, you don’t want a peppy checklist of unachievable things to do in the morning. Most morning routine checklists seem to be for the ultra ambitious. I’m not saying that fitting in a full body workout, journaling your feelings, and making an organic Chia seed smoothie while working on your side hustle isn’t an aspirational morning you should strive for… but maybe set your expectations lower. Way lower. Normal people just need to wake up.
Full disclosure and warning, this may make you jealous: I married the best guy on the planet, who wakes up early and makes me coffee in the morning before I wake up. THEN, (and now you’ll probably not believe me…) he gets the kids ready while I grump around drinking coffee.
So, this checklist is for all of you ambitious-AFTER-coffee people, who don’t bolt out of bed full of energy, ready to change the world within 30 seconds of opening your eyes in the morning.
7 minute Morning Routine Checklist
This morning routine checklist starts with the most obvious – getting out of bed. I’m all about adding something to your list for the sole purpose of being able to check it off so you feel accomplished!!
- Get out of bed. Getting out of bed before everyone else is up gives you just a tiny bit of ”me time” before the chaos of the morning rush starts.
- Pour a glass of water. Drinking a glass of water is a great way to kickstart your hydration for the day, plus it makes you feel so refreshed!
- Take your probiotic. I’ve been taking Seed’s DS-01TM Daily Synbiotic for two months and WOW, I have noticed a big difference. It has reset my system and made me feel so much less bloated and my skin is glowing. 2 pills, with my water in the morning. That’s doable and makes a big difference.
- Coffee. Such joy in the morning cup of coffee.
- Catch up on your favorite morning email newsletters. My favorite is the Katie Couric newsletter, which hits the highlights so you know the most important stories, plus includes fun content like shopping lists so it’s not all news.
What does a glass of water in the morning do?
Why you should drink water first thing every day, according to USA Today: You wake up dehydrated. Drinking a glass of water before coffee helps you rehydrate, makes you feel fuller, and clears toxins.
Related: Here are some tips to drink more water throughout the day
What does a probiotic do?
You’ve heard about gut health. Studies show probiotics promote whole body health – including heart, skin, metabolic, and immune health. The Seed Daily Synbiotic is a probiotic + prebiotic.
- Regulate metabolism
- Synthesize vitamins
- Suppress inflammation
- Neutralize pathogens
- Improve immunity
And they just launched a pediatric version! Seed’s PDS-08™ Pediatric Daily Synbiotic is a clinically studied 2-in-1 powdered synbiotic—that’s a 9 strain probiotic and 5g of prebiotic fiber per serving.
Here’s the Deal
Get 15% off your first month’s supply of Seed’s Daily Synbiotic by using code HATTON15 at checkout.