I don’t want a 15 step recipe for lunch that creates a sink full of dishes to clean… so this easy green goddess salad uses store-bought salad dressing (gasp! say the food bloggers lol) and a seasoning mix for the shrimp. The rest is chopped veggies and canned black beans for a fancy lunch in 15 minutes. You could also make this a bowl with rice (or cauliflower rice) if you wanted a more substantial meal!
what is green goddess dressing?
Never had it before? Making your own green goddess salad dressing certainly isn’t difficult but it does require many different herbs and ingredients, so a lot more prep. Green Goddess Dressing is a mix of herbs, lemon, Greek yogurt or mayo or sour cream, and garlic. It’s creamy, zesty, and full of flavor. If you want to make your own, here are a few recipes:
- Love & Lemons • Green Goddess Dressing (with Greek yogurt)
- New York Times • Green Goddess Dressing (with mayo)
- Once Upon a Chef • Green Goddess Dressing (with Mayo and sour cream)
Keep it simple with store-bought Green Goddess Salad Dressing
You’ll find several brands that carry a green goddess dressing in the grocery store. It makes a quick and easy dip, marinade, or salad dressing – without any of the prep. Go for the store-bought, pre-made salad dressing – it tastes fresh, and is easy to grab as er-bought a dip for wraps, snacks, or your salad. I really like Chosen Foods Garden Goddess salad dressing, which you can find at the grocery store or online!
Easy Shrimp Seasoning: Kinders The Blend
Kinder’s The Blendtakes everything every dish to the NEXT LEVEL. If you only have room in your kitchen cabinet for one spice jar, make it this one. Add it to your Desert Island Go Bag. It’s a simple salt, pepper, and garlic spice blend that can be used on it’s own or a base for pretty much anything. We found ours at Costco, but you can also pick up at your local grocery store or Walmart!
- 10 - 20 shrimp
- 1 tbsp Kinders The Blend seasoning
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- Lettuce (I used a bagged butter lettuc!)
- Sliced Jalepenos
- 2 tbsp Black Beans
- Sliced avocado
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods Garden Goddess Dressing
- Slice up your salad veggies: jalapeño, cucumber, avocado, lettuce. Drain the black beans. Add to a bowl.
- Skewer the shrimp, if that’s how you like to grill them. Add olive oil + seasoning blend.
- Grill on medium for about 10 minutes. I like a good char on shrimp!
- Add the Garden Goddess dressing and enjoy!
you could substitute chicken for the shrimp, if you’d prefer. This would make a great work lunch! These small salad dressing containers are excellent to take dips, sauces, and dressings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 671Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 5664mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 20gSugar: 8gProtein: 32g