Oh, how times have changed… 2021 sun protection is the 1999 tan. Get that 50 SPF and don a wide-brim hat, it’s cool now. For kids? Without question, you just don’t want to deal with a burn. That’s like the Scarlet Letter badge of a BAD MOM. Finding swim suits for kids with built-in sunblock (like rash guards!) makes spending time in the sun so much easier. Today, I’m rounding up my favorite places to buy kids bathing suits!
Tips for buying kids bathing suits and rash guards
The best swimming suits will keep your kids covered and protected!
- Size up on rash guards. Rash guards are form-fitting and you can size up to get longer wear out of them – they can be a little bit big and still fit.
- Rash guards are sooooooo much easier to apply than sunscreen. Spray sunscreen is cold and has questionable toxic fumes. Zinc oxide sunscreen takes forever to rub in.
- Pack an extra swimsuit instead of dry clothes. Especially if you’re going to the beach! It’s so much easier to change into a dry bathing suit after a beach day than a full change of clothes! Throw it in the wash or hang out to dry.
TIP: We always size up 1 – 2 sizes on rash guards because they are form-fitting, and can be worn a few seasons! For example, when our daughter was 2, we got a size 4 and she’s fit into the same zip-up rash guard for a few summers.
this post contains affiliate links, which means this blog may make a small commission if you click or purchase! thanks for supporting the good taste guide 🥂
Sun protection in shirt form is also fashion-forward… here’s where you can find the cutest rash guards for kids:
1. Hannah Andersson Swimwear for Kids
Hannah Andersson’s swim collection not only has gorgeous, simple styles – you know the quality is top-notch and will last all summer (maybe two, if they don’t outgrow it!) The fabric is designed to dry fast and block the sun, plus the designs are all so cute!
2. Children’s Swimwear at Walmart
Last summer, we stocked up at Walmart, which offers a great selection of swimwear in solid colors (our preference, so they match any bottom!) Walmart has a wide range of cute swimming suits for kids and toddlers. Shop online or visit the store – at the beginning of the season, you’ll find a great selection.
3. Primary Rash Guards and Bathing Suits for Kids
Primary’s concept is brilliant: basics in different sizes, available year after year. Primary swim has the best basic styles – stripes, solids, short-sleeve, long-sleeve. Also swimsuits and
4. Lands End Children’s swimming suits
Like everything else the company produces, Lands End swimwear is a collection of cute designs that are well constructed with great fabrics. The selection is also excellent for moms – cute and flattering swim skirts and shorts, so you can feel comfortable running around the beach and pool with your kids!
What doesn’t Target hit with a bullseye? Please note this is in no way shape or form meant to sound critical of Target…. but their toddler collection of swimwear has always been a million times cuter than the swimwear for older kids. This year is no exception with adorable basic patterns for littles and some more
read more – long-sleeve rash guards