We’ve had about 99 movie nights since March. This is the strangest time most of us have ever experienced, but the family time has been incredible despite the uncertainty in the world. I’ve loved our slowed-down time together, just the four of us ❤️
We’ve also been making popcorn on the stove. By “we” I mean Will, who makes the popcorn, and the rest of us just eat it. (When we built this house, we didn’t want a microwave, and I still love it.)
In InstaStories, the source of all things important, I asked everyone to share their favorite family movie because I feel like we’ve watched just about everything out there. I was surprised by the answers and how many we had NOT watched yet! So, of course I had to compile & share.
We usually look at CommonSense media to check the recommended age before deciding what to watch next.
Good Taste Guide uses affiliate links to promote brands
According to my instagram friends, here are the best movies to watch with your family:
- Rookie of the Year
- Dolphin Tale
- Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer
- The Croods
- Jumanji with the Rock
- Honey, I shrunk the kids
- James Bonds (the earlier ones aren’t as spicy!)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Princess Bride
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Jumanji with Robin Williams
- Lost in Space reboot on Disney+
And I’ll add some of our recent favorites:
- Night at the Museum (all three)
- Dora the Explorer movie
- Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one is the best but we watched all of them, Disney+)
- X-Men (Disney+)
- Prince Caspian (Disney+)
- Woody Woodpecker (Netflix)
- Camp Cool Kids (Netflix)
- Not a movie, but Ghostwriter on Apple+ is fun to watch!
- Looking for more movie recs? here’s another movie list: 14 of our favorite family movies that aren’t cartoons
Also, we have loved playing Rummikub when we aren’t watching movies.
Hope y’all have a great movie night! Feel free to keep the list going in the comments below!