MOVIE NIGHT! We’ve had about 99 movie nights since March. I thought I’d compile the best movies to watch with young kids for any other parents out there who have run out of ideas.
In InstaStories, the source of all things important, I asked everyone to share their favorite family movie because I feel like we’ve watched just about everything out there. I was surprised by the answers and how many we had NOT watched yet! So, of course I had to compile & share.
We usually look at CommonSense media to check the recommended age before deciding what to watch next.
This is the strangest time most of us have ever experienced, but the family time has been incredible despite the uncertainty in the world. I’ve loved our slowed-down time together, just the four of us ❤️
We’ve also been making popcorn on the stove.When we built this house, we didn’t want a microwave, and I still love it.
Good Taste Guide uses affiliate links to promote brands
here are the best movies to watch with young kids
according to my Instagram friends
- Rookie of the Year
- Dolphin Tale
- Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer
- The Croods
- Jumanji with the Rock
- Honey, I shrunk the kids
- James Bonds (the earlier ones aren’t as spicy!)
- Fantastic Mr. Fox
- Princess Bride
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- Jumanji with Robin Williams
- Lost in Space reboot on Disney+
some of our recent favorites:
- Night at the Museum (all three)
- Dora the Explorer movie
- Pirates of the Caribbean (the first one is the best but we watched all of them, Disney+)
- Prince Caspian (Disney+)
- Woody Woodpecker (Netflix)
- Camp Cool Kids (Netflix)
- Not a movie, but Ghostwriter on Apple+ is fun to watch!
Good Taste Guide uses affiliate links to promote the things we recommend
14 fun family movies that aren’t cartoons
We wrote about this one before but thought appropriate to post here, too. If you’re looking for fun family movies that aren’t cartoons… here are 14 you’ll enjoy, too:
- The Princess Bride
- Indiana Jones and the Raider’s of the Lost Ark
- Playing with Fire
- Cheaper by the Dozen
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid
- The Parent Trap
- Flight of the Navigator
- National Treasure
- The Sandlot
- The Three Musketeers
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Percy Jackson & the Lightening Thief
- Night at the Museum (all three are fun!)
- The Santa Clause (all three)
- The Christmas Chronicles
- The Christmas Project (on Netflix)
Hope y’all have a great movie night! Feel free to keep the list going in the comments below!