Planning a beach day with kids? You need to stay hydrated, avoid getting scorched, and keep your kids entertained. You could put together a cooler with carefully arranged snacks. Tow a beach wagon with 600 toys. Have a beach tent with chairs. There are a million things you could tote to the beach – or, you could just take the bare essentials. Here’s your list of the things you need for the best beach day with your kids:
- Long Sleeved-Rash Guard – because they are fantastic sun protection you don’t need to reapply every 60 minutes.
- Melissa & Doug Sand Cupcake Play Set – Our 4-year-old LOVES this little toy. The other person who loves it? Me. It’s fun creating sand cupcakes.
- Goodess Garden spray sunscreen – a women-owned company, started by a mom who couldn’t find safe products for her daughter. She’s created a reef-friendly, organic, mineral sunscreen without all of the junk, safe for her kids and safe for yours. Yay!
- Native Shoes – our shoe-obsessed daughter refers to these as her “natives” like they are Louboutins.
- Puddle Jumper – what to wear if your child wants to get near the water. I’m not a fan of the ocean. Lame, I know. But it’s terrifying and I’d much prefer my children getting covered in
sandnext to the waves rather than be in the waves. (tip: how to tell if sharks in the water.) A puddle jumper is a coast-guard approved life floatation device our kids use in the pool and samefor the beach.
- Hydro Flask or Klean Kanteen – an insulated cup to keep water cold. Better than a water bottle. Keeps water ice ice ice cold, all day long.
- Beach bag – it doesn’t have to be cute like a Lilly Pulitzer bag, but a cute beach bag is a happy thing to tote.
capture the beach memories: For the best beach photos + videos, I LOVE our GoPro. It can get sandy, swim in the ocean, it takes excellent photos and videos with the push of a button.
Happy beaching, y’all!