So many businesses are getting creative rather than remaining paralyzed in this time of social distancing. There are so many cool things you can do while keeping your social distance thanks to these businesses offering DIY kits, curbside delivery, and creating videos. After you’ve finished watching Tiger King and sharing all the memes, add these to your quarantine to do list.
Bake something sweet with a Butter & Whisk baking kit
Butter & Whisk kits are a great activity for kids – with a sweet reward! The North Myrtle Beach baking company is owned by mom Lindsey Rollings. It offers custom baked goods, workshops, and cute baking kits for kids. Choose between bunny cupcakes, a birthday cake, Chocolate whoopie pies, and sugar cookies.
Order Takeout from a local restaurant
Local restaurants need locals’ support right now to stay afloat. Consider ordering from your favorite local restaurant and skip cooking for a night. We rounded up local restaurants offering curbside takeout or you can follow the Myrtle Beach Curbside & Delivery facebook group to check out the latest specials & menus.
- For a fancy date night, check out seafood & steak specials at Bistro 90 and Aspen Grille
- For incredible Italian, Villa Romana has a special curbside menu
- For Southern comfort food, call 44 and King, which is offering a to-go menu
Take a stroll through Brookgreen Gardens
Escape your house and take a stroll through Brookgreen Gardens, which has kept the outdoor areas open for visitors. Enjoy the sculpture. Listen to the sounds of nature. Take a deep breath. Practice gratitude. Brookgreen is sure to offer the solace we need right now in this time of chaos.
Print out this ‘Thank You to the Helpers’ sign and show your support for all of the helpers
Keep the kids artistic with Myrtle Beach Art Museum Kids Art Online
The Franklin G. Burroughs Simeon B. Chaplin Art Museum of Myrtle Beach launched their KidsArt Online program and it is adorable! New videos are posted each Wednesday.
Shop Mimi Seabrook’s InstaStories
If you haven’t discovered Mimi Seabrook yet, prepare to fall in love with the casual and affordable coastal style this new shop in Pawleys Island features! InstaStories will get you – so many cute and comfortable options! She ships everything, plus paypal is accepted so you don’t have to get out of your favorite comfortable chair to dust off your wallet.
Shop local stores offering Curbside
So many stores are offering text and call services since you can’t walk in and shop. These stores need your business right now and take advantage of their cool services!!
- Moms know The Kangaroo Pouch is the ONLY place to go for all of your baby needs – but you may not think about them for Easter Baskets! They have lots of cute gifts, including bunnies!
- Studio 77 offers a concierge texting service, just send a text to get ideas for gifts for a friend or yourself (ps – best earring selection to dress up for all of those Zoom happy hours!!)
- Get your Lilly Pulitzer fix at The Pink Cabana
- Ooh La La is celebrating 30 years by offering you 30% off! Pick up a new pair of Fit Flops, a funny kitchen towel, gift for a friend, or a fun new Susan Shaw gold chunky statement necklace.
- White Confetti Box will deliver stylish custom gift boxes to all of your friends you can’t drink wine with right now
Send a card to someone you can’t currently hug
Send a funny punny Myrtle Beach Art Museum note card featuring a funny saying and vintage shadow-puppet etchings. Proceeds benefit the Franklin G. Burroughs Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum of Myrtle Beach, a wonderful local treasure we all need to support.
Take a devotional moment
Listen to Live music from local musicians
let Dolly read you a story
If you have a child, you’ve probably been introduced to Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, which sends a book a month to a child in Horry County until they turn five. Now, Dolly is going to read one of the books each week.