While we may not have much of a chance of a white Christmas in Myrtle Beach, we make up for it with fun holiday events around town. This year will look a little bit different – expect to wear your mask (PLEASE) and douse your hands in sanitizer, plus you may need to plan in advance and get tickets.. Here’s our guide to 2020 holiday events in and around Myrtle Beach: Wear your mask and head to these fun holiday events this season…
Things to do during the holidays in Myrtle Beach:
- Pick out your tree 🌲 Here’s where to get your live tree this year – plus wreaths, crafts & garland: Christmas Tree Farm in the Myrtle Beach area
- Buy a pretty sweater 🛍 Local boutiques have pretty, lightweight sweaters that make you feel cozy + look winter-y in mild coastal weather
- Order online 💤 Get your kids cute Christmas pajamas for cozy holiday movie nights
Here are some noteworthy events:
Where: Thompson Farm and Nursery at Brickyard Plantation
Tickets: Buy tickets online, cost per person – Adults (Ages 12&up)- $9.00; Children (Ages 3-11) $5.00; Ages 2 and under are free
Time: Gates open at 5:30pm, movie starts at 7pm
Link: Holiday Drive-in movies at the Farm
Movies playing every Friday:
- Nov. 27: The Grinch
- Dec. 4: Elf
- Dec. 11: Polar Express
- Dec. 18: A Christmas Carol
This is always THE event of the season, and gets better and better each year. This year will be extra spectacular with the added Bruce Munro Field of Light Exhibit open during the event.
- Where: Brookgreen Gardens
- Tickets: $25 adults, $15 children
- Times: Wednesday-Sundays, 4 – 9 p.m.
- Link: Nights of a Thousand Candles at Brookgreen Gardens
Notable Black Friday Sales & events
- Tanger Outlets open at 6am on Black Friday
- The Market Common is hosting “Happy Friday” and you can check out the deals here
- Coastal Grande is hosting holiday events throughout the season
- Get a deal on a hammock at the original Pawleys Island Hammocks
- Studio 77 Gifts & Accessories is offering 20% off all week – plus their amazing concierge shopping!
Small Business Saturday
Nov. 28 – Support these local Myrtle Beach businesses on Small Business Saturday: Mimi Seabrook, Socialite, Ooh La La, Melrose, Studio 77, Centro Shoes & The Pink Cabana 🛍
Nov. 30 – Sales to watch, if you’re into tech-y gadgets and beauty products:
Red Wolf Pack Giving Tuesday
Dec. 1 – Brookgreen Gardens is hosting a fun Giving Tuesday event for families: meet & greet animals from the Lowcountry Zoo, create a Red Wolf craft, and make a donation to support the Red Wolves.
- Where: The Market Common
- When: Every Saturday at 5pm and 7pm
- What: Organizers say, “Ride along this true double-decker bus set to the enchanting sounds of the motion picture soundtrack. Passengers relive the magic of the story as this nighttime “bus” whisks families away for a remarkable ride to the North Pole at The Market Common. Passengers will receive their own souvenir golden ticket, a “BELIEVE” sleigh bell, Chocolate chip cookie, water, and complimentary hot cocoa at the end of the destination. If you ring the bell and believe hard enough there will be a surprise visit from Jolly Saint Nicholas himself! Don’t forget to dress in your favorite holiday outfit or pajamas!”
- Tickets: $29.99 per person, tickets available online at Big Red Bus
- Link: event details here
Happy holidays, ya’ll! We’ll keep adding to this list. And don’t forget to sign up for the Myrtle Beach weekend guide, our weekly newsletter with things to do!
Did we miss something?
Comment below to add your event to the list!