Bras off, socks on. Is your closet your first stop when you walk in the door from work to change into lounge clothes? You know the ones: not pajamas, in case someone stops by. Your house uniform. Proper lounge wear is comfy but stylish, and is a version of leggings, long top, and a bra that does not contain a wire. Cheers to your after five attire, The House Uniform, the worn-in yoga pants you wear on Saturday mornings until noonish. Your comfy ensembles are the reward for wearing heels and dry-cleaned shirts and fitted dresses during the day. Looking for some new cute comfy lounge clothes to add to your collection? We have you covered…
to rest or recline indolently; loll
Lounge Wardrobe Essentials
Loll in style
- Stretchy leggings, the base of any great house uniform. (On- the-go alternative: stretchy athletic skirt, cute, comfortable, and flattering.)
- Comfortable bra. Some may opt for a sports bra, but this cheap nighttime nursing bra from Target is my favorite, leftover from my breastfeeding days.
- Loose shirt, preferable long enough to cover your rear.
- Great socks (two left feet socks are cute) for warm feet.
- Long, cozy sweater. Especially if you’re always cold.
get your hygge on
Betabrand yoga dress pants + cozy Cab is a comfy winter wine night in
The TrendSpotter says, “how do we combine fashion and function together to create a chic but totally wearable look? Athleisure is the answer. Turning performance wear into everyday wear, athleisure is blurring the lines between the clothes you’d wear to the gym and those you’d wear to lunch. ” read how to wear the athleisure trend
Fabletics deal | 2 leggings for $24
From Target to designer athleisure brands like Lululemon, lounge wear is on the rise so take advantage! Accessorizing with simple jewelry and jackets take workout gear from the gym to errands to happy hour. Let’s rejoice we can run around with stretchy waistbands! Some affordable, cute comfy lounge clothes to add to your weekend wardrobe: