Running out of ideas to keep kids off screens? We know one of the biggest challenges for parents is keeping kids entertained and engaged while they are home. Not only do you want your kids to engage in (hopefully) educational activities, you need something to keep your kids busy (and quiet!) while you’re working from home on a Zoom call or trying to triage your inbox. Or, if you just need time to fold laundry or get 30 minutes to exercise. With that in mind, we’ve pulled together 25 products & resources that will keep kids busy at home.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the links and make a purchase, we receive a commission at no extra cost to you.
Brookgreen at Home
Brookgreen at Home offers fun project ideas complete with supply lists and tutorials for parents to try with kids at home.
Myrtle Beach Art Museum launched KidsArt Online, offering free video art activities for kids, grouped by age.
Scholastic Learn at Home
Read digital books, watch educational videos, and try fun activities with Scholastic Learn at Home program. Choose your child’s grade level to explore the projects, all designed to keep your kids learning and growing. Each day features a new lesson with a theme.
Creative crafts from Etsy
- Simply Sensory kits to spark creative play
- Kids sewing kit for little ones to learn to sew
- Stained glass craft kit
- butterfly + dragonfly stained glass suncatcher kit
- DIY lip balm kit — 10 flavors, organic ingredients
Family Games from Walmart
- Get the whole family moving together with Twister
- Practice dexterity with Jenga (Or Giant Jenga outside!)
- Practice color + number matching with classic Uno
- Hone vocabulary skills with Scrabble
- Bring their favorites to life with Frozen II Monopoly
More game ideas: You can also check out our roundup of the best games to play with kids for family game night
Annie’s Craft Store
- Annie’s Coloring pages electronic download for only $5.99 — 121 pages of gorgeous floral and nature-themed designs
- Give Annie’s Creative Studio a try — start a free trial and explore online classes and tutorials
Craft Kits to pick up at Target
- Jewelry Jam Craft Kit • $29.99
- Paint a Picnic Kit • $19.99
- 100pc My First Jewelry Making Kit • $29.99
- 60pc Art Studio in a Box • $39.99
- Paint Your Own Paper Mache T-Rex Kit • $16.99
- Backyard Explorer Kit • $15.29
- Paint Your Own Wooden Unicorn Kit • $10.99
- 250pc Enchanting Craft Kit • $10.99
- Ultimate Jewelry Kit • $19.99
- 1000pc Crazy Crafts Art Case • $19.99
- 9ct Washable Rainbow Paint Sticks • $8.99
- Unicorn Figurine – Kraft • $6.99
KiwiCo shipments to stimulate creative learning
- Build a foundation for learning with Panda crate, ages 0-24 months
- Get hands-on fun delivered for budding innovators with Koala crate, ages 2-4
- Tinker, create and innovate for ages 5-8 with Kiwi crate
- Explore new destinations with Atlas crate, ages 6-11
- Open a studio for hands-on creativity with Doodle crate, ages 14+
- Play in a lab for hands-on STEM projects with Tinker crate, ages 9-16+
- Get inspired and get making with Maker crate art and design kit, ages 14-104
- Put science to work and engineer something amazing with Eureka crate, ages 14-104
Jo-Ann Fabrics Art Supplies
- washable kids paint, $6.39 (reg. $7.99)
- Construction Paper Pad 9″X12″ 240 Sheets Pkg, $7.19 (reg. $8.99)
- Coloring Book Sloths Love Llamas, ($2.99)
- Crayola Oil Pastels 28PK, $5.59 (reg. $6.99)
What are the ways you keep kids busy at home?
Talk to us in the comments: what are your favorite things to do with your kids at home?