Let’s make the most of the summer of 2022!
Enjoy the outdoors.
Explore our local areas.
Sip wine at a local restaurant.
Let’s challenge ourselves to stay off the screen and learn something new. Here are summer bucket list ideas to make the most of the season!
Good Taste Guide uses affiliate links to recommend products, which means we may earn a commission when you shop our links. Thanks for supporting this blog!
Fun Ideas for Summer
Take time to enjoy nature! Pack a picnic, be a photographer, put on your favorite walking shoes and go exploring. Here are some ideas:
- Go fishing at Myrtle Beach State Park pier
- Explore Huntington Beach State Park
- Play Frisbee Golf at The Market Common
- Rent kayaks in Cherry Grove
Summer bucket list ideas for kids
Make creating this list an activity! Get your kids in on the fun. Creating a summer bucket list (with parental veto power) is way easier and more fun (and less terrifying) than committing to a Yes Day.
- Encourage reading by getting your kids to take a Movie v. Book challenge! Read the book together, and plan a fun movie date as a reward. Here are movies based on a book for ideas.
- Make homemade popsicles. (Here’s a cheap popsicle mold from Walmart to make it easy!)
- Host a game night. Qwirkle is an easy game to learn and fun for the whole family. Plus, 19 more of the best games for family game night.
- Get creative and try out watercolor painting! Let’s Make Art kits send you everything you need to get started. The tutorials are easy and fun!! Highly recommend.
- Play a backyard game, like ladder ball, corn hole, or croquet.
- Try one of these cool science experiments.
- Beat boredom with sidewalk chalk. Here are 101 sidewalk chalk ideas that will keep your kids entertained!
- Take your campfire fun to the next level with the super cool S’mores Fishing Pole to roast marshmallows or hotdogs!
Read for fun. Read for 30 minutes. 15 minutes. 90 minutes. Just set aside time to read a fun, summer beach book. Reese’s Book Club always has the best recommendations with stories you won’t want to put down.
Try a local restaurant • Make a list of local restaurants you’ve never tried, but want to. Add them into your mix of your favorites when you decide to dine out this summer -and make dining local a priority! Check out our list of must-try local Myrtle Beach restaurants if you need ideas.
Ideas for a summer bucket list for foodies
Foodies, make this a summer to explore your local restaurant scene, try something new, cook with local produce, and test out recipes.
- Check out a local farmer’s market, and pick out in-season produce to try a new recipe.
- Learn from YouTube. Check out 3 of our favorite YouTube Cooking Channels to learn new tips, try new recipes, and be entertained.
- Try a smoker recipe!
- Find a local wine tasting or dinner to learn more about wine.
Book a visit to the spa and get a facial or a massage!! You deserve it. Stox & Co. is an amazing locally-owned spa and salon you should add to your list.
More self-care summer bucket list ideas
- Do a face mask, like the exfoliating Biossance Squalene + Glycolic Renewal Mask.
- Un-sock your feet and get a pedicure.
- Frizzy hair? No more. Try Olaplex 6, a magical product that makes your hair glossy and gorgeous and frizz-free. (Available at Stox & Co.!)
- Head to the beach or pool… alone.
- Buy these cool containers from Target. Organize a drawer.
Support one of these locally-owned, women-owned boutiques and find a pretty dress that makes you feel happy & confident:
- Socialite Boutique
- Mimi Seabrook
- The Pink Cabana
- Centro Shoes (check out our blog post for our top picks for summer at Centro!)
Cheers, y’all! Share in the comments what’s made your bucket list this summer 🥂