My Beautycounter Makeup Favorites
My goal for my morning makeup routine is to look like myself, but not as tired. I love that beautycounter is picky about their ingredients, which is a nice side benefit, but I really just love the products. Here’s my Beautycounter makeup routine, typically performed with a lukewarm cup of coffee, while the countdown to get out of the door so I can get my son to school on time is minutes away from the deadline…
Morning Makeup Routine
- I put a light layer of the dew skin tint, which has a tint of color (hence the name) and sunscreen all over my face as a foundation. I also love the beautycounter foundation and if I really want to even out my skin tone and have another minute, I’ll spray the rosewater spray on a sponge and add the foundation on top.
- Then, I swipe concealer under my eyes, and any other spots I feel need concealing.
- The color pinch cream blusher is like lipstick for your cheeks. I love both the hibiscus for rosy cheeks and the caramel for a natural sun-kissed look.
- I spent a year trying to find the perfect mascara that would not smudge and did not want to try beautycounter because I thought the liklihood of a non-toxic mascara being superior than the brands not limited by tech was zero. But I got a sample and WHAT? My eyelashes don’t look clumpy – the just look long and pretty and it doesn’t smudge. I like the lengthening mascara the best, and I’ve tried both.
- You’d think lipstick without the chemicals would last about five minutes – but the color intense lipstick stays put after a cup of coffee and a commute. I love the bold Little Black Dress, a pretty berry shade, which is unusual for me, since I rarely wear lipstick. I’ve even worn the beautycounter red in public!! I don’t always wear lipstick and usually opt for the lipgloss in opal. It’s glossy with a tinge of pink and I just look polished after I’ve swiped it on my lips.
And that, friends, is the end of my makeup routine. It takes less than five minutes. You can buy directly from the site or you can join my consultant/friend’s group, Safer changes with Kristy Guyton, to learn more about choosing non-toxic skin products – she’s the expert! If you shop with her, she runs fun promotions all of the time, and I’ve received a lot of free products. (I’m a sucker for a gift with purchase!)
Two more things that make getting ready for work a little easier: Add blue gingham shoes to your closet for a fun spring wardrobe update and learn the ultimate trick to work/life balance by reading the book Drop the Ball.
wife, mom, employee, blogger, amateur photographer, wine enthusiast